Upgrading to another Xen VPS Package
To upgrade to another Xen VPS package, 3 things will change:
1. Bandwidth -- The Bandwidth upgrade is seamless and requires no reboot of the VPS.
2. RAM -- The RAM upgrade will require a reboot of the VPS so we will need to know when it is convenient to make this change.
3. Hard Disk -- The Hard Disk upgrade can be handled in 1 of 2 ways:
A. We can add a new hard disk that contains the new drive space. This requires a reboot of the VPS.
B. We can migrate customer data to a different sized hard disk so that all disk space is on the same hard disk. To do this, the VPS has to be offline for approximately 1 hour per 10GB of data while the filesystem is migrated.
To submit an upgrade request:
- Log into the client area at https://manage.rootbsd.net/clientarea.php
- Go to "My Services" and select the VPS you wish to upgrade.
- Click the Upgrade button in the VPS control panel.
- Fill out and submit the upgrade request form.
Instantly deploy a BSD cloud VPS with RootBSD
- Fast SSD hosting
- Full root access
- IPv6 and IPv4 enabled hosting
- Over 25 data center locations worldwide
- Friendly and knowledgeable support
- Build with current FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux releases