"calcru: runtime went backwards" messages
It is common to see kernel messages related to "calcru: runtime went backwards" in a FreeBSD VPS. These messages are related to how your FreeBSD system is running in a fully virtualized environment and does not have a precise hardware clock for timekeeping. These messages do not pose any significant problem and can safely be ignored.
We also recommend the following settings which will help reduce these messages:
1. Append the following line to /boot/loader.conf and reboot (all automatically provisioned FreeBSD VMs already have this entry):
2. Enable NTP daemon. Click here to view the knowledgebase article with instructions for this step.
If you have any other comments or suggestions, please submit a support ticket.
Instantly deploy a BSD cloud VPS with RootBSD
- Fast SSD hosting
- Full root access
- IPv6 and IPv4 enabled hosting
- Over 25 data center locations worldwide
- Friendly and knowledgeable support
- Build with current FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux releases