Secondary (slave) DNS Service
Secondary DNS service allows you to use our DNS servers with your own master DNS server. If you are not running a DNS server, please see this page instead for information about our Managed DNS service where we handle all of the DNS hosting for you.
Add secondary DNS:
- Configure your nameserver to allow zone transfers from:
188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124ï¿½
- You will then need to add the zone on your account via the Client Portal.
- Add a NS record to allow records to be served from ns2.rootbsd.net.
- At the domain registrar, add ns2.rootbsd.net as a DNS server for the domain.
- ns2.rootbsd.net now answers IPv6 queries. We can use IPv4 and IPv6 for zone transfers.
- ns2.rootbsd.net is physically located in Dallas, TX, USA.
Please contact us via support ticketï¿½if you have any questions or would like assistance.
Instantly deploy a BSD cloud VPS with RootBSD
- Fast SSD hosting
- Full root access
- IPv6 and IPv4 enabled hosting
- Over 25 data center locations worldwide
- Friendly and knowledgeable support
- Build with current FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux releases