Adding A New Server To Your Pre-existing Account
If you already have an account with us, then adding an additional service is quick and easy. These steps will provide you a simple walkthrough on adding / ordering a new server for your account.
If you have not already, log into the Dashboard of your RootBSD account. Once logged in, see below for the exact steps needed to be taken to add an additional server.
- Once you have logged into your Dashboard, locate the navigation bar at the top of the page and click on Servers.
- Under the navigation bar, you will see a button in the top right "Add New Server". Click this button.
- Next you will be taken to the page where you can specify the location, plan, billing cycle, and also apply a coupon or promo code if you have one available.
- Select Location: Any location that is not grayed out has available resources for a new server.
- Select Plan: Depending on the location you selected, you will be presented with a list of options of our plans that we offer. If you select a plan, a Plan Details information box will expand that details what resources are included for that chosen plan.
- Billing Cycle: You have an option between paying monthly or annually. Note that if you do choose an annual payment plan, that you will receive one month of service for free (this is reflected in the total price of the plan).
- Coupon / Promo Code: This is optional of course, and if you have a valid promo code please feel free to input it in this field.
- Terms & Conditions: Before you can complete the order, you must check that you have read and agree to RootBSD's terms.
- Hit the Purchase button when you have verified all your information is correct and you are ready to continue with the purchase.
- Select OS: We have over 150 OS / images that you can choose from. There is a search field near the top right that can help you narrow down your results if you are looking for something specific (e.g. CentOS)
- Select Location: Here you will need to choose the datacenter location that you would like your server to be deployed in. Once you select a location from the dropdown box, be sure to hit the Set Location button to confirm.
- Server Details: You can specify the hostname of the server here, as well as whatever you would like to have as your root password. If you prefer to use SSH keys, just click "use an SSH Public Key" and paste your key into the field.
Instantly deploy a BSD cloud VPS with RootBSD
- Fast SSD hosting
- Full root access
- IPv6 and IPv4 enabled hosting
- Over 25 data center locations worldwide
- Friendly and knowledgeable support
- Build with current FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Linux releases